Monday, February 26, 2007

When Saturday came! (sans Sean Bean)

Hello anyone who reads this blog (i know some people do and god bless you for it)

Sorry that i have not been putting anything funny on here for a while but my computer decided that Machine heaven was a better place to be, so at the moment I'm raging against the machine(s).

These last few weeks have been fruitful, as I've tried to keep myself busy by going to watch Hot Fuzz which rocked, playing football, darts and watching/reading things I've had on my shelves for a while. This weekend was particularly fun as i played football and got absolutely filthy and impressed my peers with my stallion like performance and stylish haircut. I carried on the equestrian theme by going home and consuming many sugar cubes for energy!

Expecting Saturday to be a quiet one (which in a way i was hoping for) i got a text message from my bud C-Bizzle asking if i would like to frequent our usual haunts, at first i was reluctant and i batted him off but hes a persistent bleeder and he highlighted the key line in the contract that he had forced me to sign years previous: "You said you would always say yes if i asked you to come out". Being a honest man, stout of heart and true to my word i decided that i would make that interdimensional journey to the land of Quarry Bank, some say it lays somewhere in between two warring dimensions that fight for control of the middle aged folk from the area (as any seasoned traveller will know, you will only find young chavs or old people inhabiting the Great QB high street).
So anyway, back to the story. I arrived at Cassa-de-Bate to be greeted by Chris, Kylie, Nick and Truman. We have formed the Core of many an operation together so i knew with Chris' Sharp mind, Kylies extensive knowledge of charmcraft, Nick's knowledge of Ancient law and Rituals, Truman's ability to blend into crowds and my commanding leadership skills (The Call me 'The Iron Fist' but some say it for other reasons) we would be able to accomplish anything.

The night started in the Royal London, as oft times before, where we met up with Chris' friend Lindsay and David Jay. To more excellent additions that would surely make the night a success.
The usual banter was exchanged and Chris told me about some of the scripts he has been working on whilst being a lazy jobless bum and Truman and Nick waxed lyrical about randomness. Next we moved to The Little Civic for Muchos Double Vodka and Cokes which has become the official Team Splendid Tipple. Again words were exchanged but none were harmed in the making of these conversations and Chris pointed out that all words used were free range and were allowed to roam free and form sentences of their own.

Next we moved to Blast Off, where a big banner outside stated that it would be held in the Wulfrun hall as the Kaiser Chiefs where playing. The Music was disappointing and it was packed with many Beautiful babies and a lot of Apeish males.

We Left Blast Off and headed back to Chris' pad, where me and Chris ended up setting the world to rights, we hadn't done it for a while and i really enjoyed it.

I ended up on Bizzle's floor at about 4:45 ish and had me a good nights kip.

That was the end of the night and a good time was had by all.

Roll on Next Time.

1 Comments:

Blogger Christopher D. Bate said...

Roll on indeed. You're a stout pioneer of funk and fun fusion. It's not the same with you.

Team Splendid fo' life

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home