Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Eras Come and Eras Go

So, i don't usually make posts like this as I've told Chris many a time that I'm not interesting enough to carry of a message of with meaning.

But this is just a little Ode to my Friend, Mentor and God Christopher D Bate.

I remember the first time i met this character, our eyes met over a desktop PC, as usual whenever i meet a new person i have a habit of saying something so stupid that they either think I'm weird in a good way, or they think I'm an absolute idiot. In this instance the words "Aren't You that guy from Gimmie, Gimmie, Gimmie" slipped out and the rest is history.
Chris later confessed to me that when he first saw me he thought that i was about 35 years old with at least 2 kids, i laughed as i was about 20 and the only kids i new where buried under my patio. Though for some strange reason we seemed to hit it off as a comedy double act, often being the ones who challenged others like saying to some people that it just wasn't possible to drive around the whole world in a car. Chris was going through some rough times which don't really need to be discussed here but this rounded off a Mad, Quirky, Genius who I'm not ashamed to admit i love like a brother.
Shortly after this period we both went through some changes and became Version 2's. This marked a new era for us both and one I've tried to maintain until this day, I'm even thinking about upgrading to v.3 but that is still in debate.
After becoming pretty good friends, Chris started inviting me along for his interesting adventures, scared at first i found excuses to parry these invites but after a while i decided to go along and see just how fun it really was and I'm so glad that i did as i credit Chris with making more of a worldly man. We have had some excellent adventures like Bill and Ted, like my first festival when we went to V, to the night we stood next to Chali 2na at a Jurassic 5 gig, all these memories make me glad that i can call Chris a friend.
Obviously bringing it to the present day, Chris has met a brilliant young lass called Kylie and I'm chuffed to bits that they found each other as i see them going places together and i don't mean Victorian Forts of Follies.
Now Chris is on his merry way from The hell hole we work in, I'm sad that we wont be able to throw wet paper at each other or go for our daily Toilet Meetings but yet i am glad that this Mighty Hawk has been freed to attack The Field Mice of Life.

Go forth Mighty Bird and Feast upon Life, because you are the most spectacular being in existence and no one will ever clip your wing.

An Ode to my Friend, Christopher "C-Bizzle" Bate

p.s I used 2 boxes of Cleanex to write this, though i didn't cry, i have a copy of Razzle sitting next to me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kylie said...

Hear, hear! Death to the field mice!

P.S. Thank you Blair, I happen to think you're quite a brilliant young lass too. Ho ho ho. Aren't I witty?

2:16 AM  
Blogger Christopher D. Bate said...

I love you, man. I don't want to feel you but I love you.

Long may All Puns Blazing sail on the sea of rye

5:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home